The King’s Health Partners Clinical Trials Office is a collaboration between King’s College London, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust. It is set up to provide a single interface for those wishing to conduct clinical trials within partner institutions and to ensure that there are common and efficient processes for setting up and administering clinical trials.
The Office of Clinical Trials ensures that common high-level processes are implemented across partner institutions and that all personnel involved in clinical research are fully trained in current clinical research best practices.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Finance Associate to manage and lead the KHP-CTO Finance team to provide an efficient and effective billing, revenue allocation and credit control service for investigators, companies and research organizations under contract who wish to conduct commercial clinical trials within the King’s Health Partner Institutions.
This position will be offered on a permanent contract.
This is a full-time position, working 35 hours per week.
• Manage and lead the KHP-CTO Finance team to provide an efficient and effective billing, revenue distribution and credit control service for investigators, companies and contract research organizations wishing to conduct clinical trials business within partner institutions.
• Ensure the prompt and efficient management of invoicing and the distribution of revenues generated by commercial and non-commercial trials managed by KHP-CTO in each of the partner institutions.
• Provide day-to-day management of clinical trial finance associates.
• Actively participates in daily billing and trial revenue distribution.
• Ensure continuous review and development of processes to ensure continued effectiveness in times of change and to manage changes within the team as environments and processes external to the CTO evolve and develop.
• Ensure the smallest business research debt possible, by managing and overseeing all processes and procedures related to credit control and debt management.
• Produce regular reports and generate data to enable senior members of the College CTO and Finance teams to develop strategic plans and report to the CTO Board and elsewhere as required.
• Provide advice and guidance to senior members of the CTO team, College and Trust finance teams as well as local departmental staff.
• Work directly with external and internal sponsors and CROs to ensure prompt resolution of issues.
• Lead the provision of advice to King’s Health Partners teams in the operation of KHP’s commercial billing and revenue distribution processes.
• Develop relationships with external finance personnel at corporate sponsors/CROs to ensure accurate and timely invoicing.
• Identify issues with KHP-CTO’s financial management processes and/or tools and make recommendations to CTO’s Manager and Business Testing Manager to improve processes as needed.
• Ensure KHP-CTO billing targets are met.
• Manage the process of establishing commercial and non-commercial research invoices and credit notes.
• Oversee the submission of monthly reports on commercial research activities to the respective partner institutions.
• Ensure that billing documentation is quality checked for accuracy.
• Lead and work flexibly as part of a team.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake the duties and responsibilities reasonably expected within the scope and classification of the position.
Skills, knowledge and experience
The successful candidate will hold a relevant degree or have significant accounting/bookkeeping experience. Experience mentoring or facilitating others and leading a team is desired. The successful candidate will be an energetic and enthusiastic team player.
The position will be based at Guy’s Campus; however, employment requires the incumbent to be willing to work at any additional or different location owned or serviced by the College, either permanently or temporarily, after appropriate consultation. The post holder will have to work on all the sites of the partner institutions.
2. Degree or significant relevant experience
3. Ability to understand complex financial processes and procedures
4. Ability to understand, manipulate, analyze and present numbers /
financial data in a variety of formats
5. Effective oral and written communication skills
6. Excellent organizational and time management skills
7. Significant experience working with computer software packages (financial software packages, excel)
8. Experience in providing customer service, receiving feedback and independently improving these skills
9. Experienced manager and team leader
10. Ability to organize and prioritize work independently
11. A positive attitude towards problem solving and change
12. Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and maintain standards of accuracy in a team environment
13. Ability to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines.
1. Understanding of University financial procedures
2. Understanding of NHS Trust financial procedures
The deadline for receipt of applications is June 24, 2022.
Interviews will take place the week of July 4, 2022
For an informal discussion about the position, please contact Kirsty Hough at [email protected]
This position is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service and Occupational Health clearance.