Litmus Music is a Carlyle-backed company focused on acquiring, managing and generating excess returns from music assets.
The Litmus Music team has over 100 years of combined experience in many facets of the music industry, deep industry relationships and access to a strong pipeline of deal flow.
Litmus is looking to add a talented individual to join their negotiation team.
- Model music catalog acquisitions using intrinsic and relative valuation techniques, including discounted cash flow (DCF), performance multiples (PM), and other valuation models.
- Compile supporting documentation of actual financial data and assumptions used in valuation models.
- Participate in the development of the acquisition investment thesis.
- Participate in discussions with and provide deliverables to various constituents, including Board of Directors, investors, senior management, sell-side representatives and external audit groups.
- Update consolidated planning models to reflect actual performance and future cash flows. Complete the analyzes of variance.
- Assess the drivers of value creation that have contributed to changes in valuations over the holding period of each investment.
- Help improve group reporting processes, procedures and analyses.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or accounting.
- 2-4 years of experience in banking, private equity, FP&A or advisory.
- Experience in conducting asset and/or business valuations, including discounted cash flows.
- Experience in the music industry is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to demonstrate confidence when discussing evaluations.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment or individually.
- Excellent command of Excel, in particular with regard to financial modeling and PowerPoint.